ACF International embraces organisations who focus on helping individuals to make an informed next career move, not just to get a new job.
- ACF International promotes best practice among its membership in the areas of outplacement services, coaching and related activities
- ACF International meets the interests and needs of professional outplacement, coaching and career management organisations
- ACF International raises the industry’s profile via PR, forums and conferences and working with other professional and government bodies
- ACF International champions and promotes the often life changing value of the career management industry
- Assisting potential customers in finding the best quality career firm.
- Contributing to social change in the areas of career management and career transition.
- Being the voice of the industry for the quality career firms.
- Supporting quality providers in a changing supply chain.
- Acting as a lobbying body for the industry.
- Influencing and being present at career networks.
- Running customer surveys to regularly understand what is of importance for the quality of career firms.
- Running individual interest surveys, both independently and partner bodies, on key topics.
- Promoting quality standards in the industry.
- Providing a strategy for promotion and referral globally.
- Championing and promoting the often life changing value of the industry we serve.
- Assisting country chapters in their PR work.
ACF Member firms:
- Demonstrate a significant level of experience and competence in order to be admitted and will have longevity of operation of more than two years continuous trading in Career Management and Transition.
- Will have an existing national and international network.
- Once admitted, members demonstrate standards which are monitored and maintained
- All Consultant Coaches will be appropriately qualified, having at least 5 years of proven experience in HRM, Consulting/Line Management or Change management and participate in ongoing continuing professional development (CPD).
- All consultants will have existing profiles for clients and candidates.
ACF Member firms:
- Have a quality assurance policy which is regularly audited for compliance.
- Undertake regular service evaluation and procedures for handling corporate and client complaints.
- Have specified portfolio’s, audited reports and accounts.
ACF Member firms offer:
- A full range of career guidance including 1:1 coaching, workshops, online and virtual services.
- Robust processes and methodologies that encompass all aspects of Career Management and Transition.
- Adequate premises appropriate for Career Management and Transition.
- A client driven process to obtain an outcome of choice e.g. career move, self-employment, consultancy, portfolio career or active retirement.
ACF member firms:
- Are active members of ACF and support and “live” the ACF idea.
CODE OF CONDUCT
ACF International members are obliged and committed to:
- Act with integrity and professionalism
- Respond to individual needs with trust, respect, confidentiality and understanding
- Ensure that personal outcomes are paramount – making no assumptions and listening to individual needs
- Create an environment that enhances learning and personal development for all
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Deal fairly, consistently and with clarity in all our business relationships
ACF Member firms:
Underwrite the code of conduct and ethics and adhere to the ACF Bylaws. The ACF Bylaws are available for download in PDF format.